Tuesday, June 26, 2012

In search of a new home.


As you've read(or maybe you haven't), we moved our family an hour away from our normal "home". Arden, North Carolina has proven to be a great place, so far. We were super ecstatic to move here & start a new life with our daughter(we also have a baby girl on the way).
 

After the move, I started to miss church. Since moving here almost 3 months ago, we haven't attended ANY church & I feel it heavy on my heart. Back in Rutherford County, NC we attended the family church & loved it there. It was very accepting, warm & a wonderful atmosphere to be in every Sunday, I loved it! But since we know basically only a handful of people here, finding our new church home has been difficult.



 We had Alexa dedicated at our other church & we made a promise to God that we would continue to keep her active in church & right now we have not held our end of the deal up ...

Soo ... I used the tool I had at hand - GOOGLE.
 

A strange thought ran through my mind about "Mega" Churches & the wonderment set in. I had never -ever- been a fan of big show off type churches & have really shyed away from any sort of denomination. Even though I was raised Southern Baptist. I just felt like I loved the freedom to worship, sing & shout at during a services if I felt the Lord moving through me like a gust of wind. This was surly frowned upon in most SB churches that I have ever attended. 

My quest to find somewhere to attend church brought me to a Mega Church not far from out house. How could this be? I had been so against it in the past, where was my sudden interest coming from?

Upon doing some research & praying, I figured this was the Lord's way of shedding some light on where we were meant to be.

I love the contemporary type churches, the music, the word, the translation. I really heed to what is going on, apposed to a very quiet, gospel type service. In my experience, some people have a hard time paying attention to things if they don't find them understandable. Which is why I think for pastors, it is super important to make worship comprehendable for everyone, preaching in a way that people today can relate to.

 People are FREE to interpret the Bible how they want to. It is full of song, metaphors & riddles. The fact of the matter is, it was written many times over by people who read it how they saw it & no interpretation could be %100 correct. I love when worship explains that & they go through different reasons & don't throw it at you saying "This IS what this means". I need an understanding pastor in my life, one who won't cast stones & has a very humble, compassionate heart. No doubt sometimes we do need to be held accountable for our mistakes ect, but who wants someone to make them feel terrible all the time?

A HUGE reason for my choice, is the fellowship. I want/NEED it. Since moving away from close friends & some family, I have a strong need to fill the void. I do have a Brother & SIL here, thankfully. The nursery for the babies is quite impressive & the security is pretty awesome. I've longed for the days where I can sit in worship & not struggle with Lex or have to get up & leave in the middle. This is also a great way for her to be social with other children her age. I'm sure there are tons of little ones in there just waiting for someone like her to play with! :)



I want to go to church excited, ready learn & looking forward to what's next. I want to pray with others & listen to stories, I miss that. Having been a church goer since I can remember it is almost built into my DNA & when I don't go, I feel incomplete somehow. But we're gonna fix that!

I'm excited for Sunday & to explore new waters(faith wise) & to meet some great new people.

Maybe I'll meet some fellow preggos too lol. I'm looking at this as an opportunity, adventure & a way to let God bless my life, while we glorify His!


I will update with our adventure. Stay tuned!